SMART Driving Training Programme for Heavy Goods Vehicle Drivers
The research report highlights potential economic, environmental and road safety benefits arising from the SMART Driving upskilling programme. It outlines key digital advances that are impacting on everyday HGV driver experience. SMART Driving is a series of eco-driving behaviours which along with the adoption of new truck safety and efficiency technologies has the potential to lower CO2 emissions, reduce fuel usage, increase productivity and improve driver and road user safety.
What Are The Benefits?
The SMART Driving programme will increase your level of professionalism and make you a bigger asset to your employer.
HGV drivers who enrol in the SMART Driving programme will get:
- Increased levels of professionalism
- Increased levels of employability
- Developed skills for promoting vehicle, driver, and load safety
- Increased confidence in vehicle control and driving performance
- Enhanced satisfaction of driving
- Reduced driver stress
Employers who enrol their HGV drivers in the SMART Driving programme will benefit from immediate and positive impacts on your business.
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced operational costs
- Reduced fuel emissions
- Improved profit margins
- The increased resale value of your fleet
- Developed organisational health and safety culture